Electronic MYP Gradebooks

As I explain over on my ‘other’ blog, I’ve never been very happy with how electronic gradebooks deal with criterion-based assessment, particularly as it relates to the MYP. So over the years I gradually developed my own for my math classroom using Excel and a few macros. Since then I’ve created versions for most if not all of the MYP subject groups. (Downloads below as .xlsm files (Excel 2007/2010 macro enabled))

Each gradebook should use the correct criteria and attainment levels for your subject so make sure you download the right one. If there is a mistake, or if there isn’t one for your subject, let me know and I’ll try and fix it ASAP.

I’ve also created a few short screencasts using Screenr on how I envision the gradebooks being used. (If you click on the full screen icon, it’s much easier to see!) Because I believe sharing makes things better, feel free to hack away at these and adjust them for your own use. Because I see these as being covered by a Creative Commons license (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-Alike) all I ask for in return is that you attribute me, you don’t make any money off of them and you share what you create as well!

Adding Assessments to the Gradebook

MYP Science PILOT

MYP PE

MYP Technology

5 thoughts on “Electronic MYP Gradebooks

• August 19, 2011 at 8:12 am

Hi Clint,

You KNOW I love these – thank you so much for posting and for the screencasts, too. Am sharing in ways that I can. 🙂 However – quick question – is there a difference between MYP English and MYP Language A? The files look the same to me and I wondered if this was just a naming oversight? Thanks again, mate.

• August 20, 2011 at 2:21 am

Share away! As you and I have talked about in the past, I would be interested in seeing what it would take to make this into an actual *program* rather than a gussied up spreadsheet. If you know a guy (or gal)…

And I don’t think there is a difference between the MYP English and the Language A. I actually didn’t have the time to go through all of them so I just wanted to put it up there just in case. I think I’ll actually take down the link to the English one to avoid confusion. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

• Pingback: Learning On The Job » Merging Data in Google Docs

• June 20, 2013 at 1:02 pm

These look really interesting. have you thought about migrating them to Google sheets with scripts? If you have a list of what they do, I’d be happy to explore getting them going!

• July 16, 2013 at 3:10 am

Hi Sarah. Thanks for the comment and sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you!

I have considered trying to transfer them to a Google Sheet but I have decided to go another route to be announced soon! Learning how to write scripts in GDocs is on my ‘to do’ list though it may have to wait as I am about to start up at a new school in August and have also just started on my M.Ed. this summer! Thanks for the offer though!